Monday, December 15, 2008

Reflections on rain

Beautiful sight #3,948 -- Street lights and neon signs glistening and reflecting in the pools of water on the side of the road in a late-night rain storm.

Even though it kinda sucks to be stuck riding a bicycle in the rain, a late-night rain storm is still one of the most beautiful things in the world. Everything feels fresh, clean, alive. This dehydrated part of the country soaks up the downpour and begs for more. And me? I sing and dance in the rain. I laugh at the clouds, so dark up above... the sun is in my heart, and I'm ready for love. And as always, there's a smile on my face, even when raindrops drip down my cheeks.

Rain has a healing ability, I think.

I got to catch up tonight with the man who basically taught me everything I know about my job. Random run-ins are one of my favorite things. And thank you, RB, for everything.

1 comment:

Rob Bignell said...

You're too kind with your words. It was great seeing you again, too. Here's the Web site builder/host I mentioned: http://www.freeservers.com/.

P.S. I love the line "This dehydrated part of the country soaks up the downpour and begs for more." Great use of personification.