Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today's color is moon-glow white

Oy vey... cold weather is so not my thing.

This is going to be a rough, automobile-less winter.

Honesty pretty much is the best policy... but it sure as hell isn't easy sometimes.

Sometimes I wish I could do things the easy way... but then I realize that the easy way only looks easy. It's actually a lot harder in the long run. A little foresight, a little perspective, a little rationality, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still don't know how long the tunnel is, but as long as I know there is an end to it, I'll keep pushing myself toward it.

The full moon, as clouds drift overhead, as stars dot the celestial landscape, as the air hangs around me, thick and misty... midnight is the most amazing time of day. I'm so happy to be nocturnal.

It's difficult to write creatively with the nagging thought in my mind, "How could someone use this against me to hurt me?" I've realized that I'm still bleeding a little from the knives they threw at my back.

Self-discovery should be a lot easier than it is, wouldn't you think?

My sister is my hero, my confidant, my best friend. I told her the other day that if she wasn't related to me and if she was a guy, I'd date her. Is that weird? :-p

Jekyll and Hyde, the musical, has some pretty amazing songs.

I read some of my old poetry last night. A few pieces were actually pretty good. Dark, though. Maybe I'm too happy to write poetry at this point in my life. I've never been good at cheerful poetry. God, please tell me I don't have to go into a depression to be able to write again...

No comments: